Sunday, February 12, 2006

I made Jane Fonda laugh

Wow. What a week! I wish I'd been posting...Karen noticed that I hadn't, anyway.

Last Friday night I stayed up sooo late to get a mock-up finished for a meeting w/ one of my instructors at 9am Saturday. Friggin' Saturday...the whole class had to meet on Saturday b/c she couldn't make it Monday or Tuesday for her classes. I had to present first and then run to the theatre (after a Starbucks run) to be there by 10 and stay after three performances until 4.

We performed the show for Jane Fonda that day. She brought her grandkid, I guess. We had to hold for about 10 minutes until she showed up, but I think she enjoyed it. It was a great performance and we felt good about it. I even heard her laugh a couple times.

Then that night Karen and I hosted a board game night. 15 people came over and we played Scene It and Pop Culture Trivial Pursuit. Lots of fun. We'll do it again soon and maybe play charades. I also am planning a kickass scavenger hunt for my 30th birthday the weekend after critique. I can't believe I'm almost 30! I slept well that night.

Got up the next morning and went to my car to drive to the theatre (it's my second home) and discovered that my damn car was broken into. We don't live in the best neighborhood anyway but apparently the cross-street we live on is really, really bad, according to the cops who I don't believe drive around here enough. I feel violated. He stole so many stupid things: a blender, two Beatles models (Ringo and John), my sunglasses, my rugby bag, a cell phone charger, a little cash and change and MARTA tokens. Jerk. I wish I could kick him between the legs with my cleats. I hate people who don't earn their own money and steal from people who actually work hard.



Now I'm in a brand new (as in 42 miles old) Trail Blazer, thanks to Geico and the $50 I give them yearly to have rental cars when my car is in the shop. I think I'll get my Altima back tomorrow or Tuesday.

I had a hard week school-wise. Just couldn't get stuff done. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew with the show and work at StudioBurns and full time at school. Had to not go to Wednesday's Environmental Design class and instead stayed at home and did the work for that class. Sometimes I think of quitting but I've gone this far so I may as well finish. I'm just not even sure what I want to do when I graduate. Scares me. I think that I should have taken this quarter off but I wasn't sure if I'd come back.

OK...this week we had 14 shows. We usually had 13 shows but on Friday night we performed for the members and patrons - people from big corporations like Delta who give to the Center. It went very well, thank God....they scared me to death, warning me how people wouldn't like the show, how something would technically go wrong b/c it always does on Patron night. I was soooo nervous...my heart was pumping like crazy. The only thing that went poorly was that a puppet's head fell off (luckily it wasn't mine and it was in the shadows, so nobody saw).

So, 8 shows in three days. Not OK. I am so physically exhausted.

Karen and I ate at Ted's Montana Grill tonight. It was nice and now we're both in a food coma while watching Sopranos On Demand. Man, this is a good show!

OK, I should go get some homework finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home