Wednesday, May 10, 2006

XPT at Center for Puppetry Arts

Hey, everyone - it's time for Xperimental Puppet Theater, the yearly performance that showcases nearly 15 local puppeteers, film and theater crazies who want to tackle a 3-10 minute puppet show that's never been done before. These folks went through a rigorous application/interview process to be a part of the fun and have been preparing for a few weeks for your viewing pleasure Thursday - Sunday, May 18-21.

I have an improvisational installation that will occur in the lobby before the show opens. It's called the Interactive XPT Memory Machine. I'm not performing in it, but I thunk it up and gathered fine folks around me to help pull it off. I also will appear in three other pieces - but you won't see me 'cause puppeteers are invisible!

Really, this is fun stuff. It's not for kids - ages 18 and up only. If you'd like to go, be sure to call the ticket office at 404.873.3391 in order to reserve your seat. I hear that the weekend shows sell out, so do it early if you are able. Invite friends, loved ones and even your enemies b/c it's not guaranteed that every piece in the show will be stellar. After all, it's Xperimental.

http://www.puppet.org/perform/xpt2006.shtml
http://xpt2006.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home